Real Estate News From Around the Country
Enjoy and share this resource for real estate news gathered from around the country. PLEASE NOTE: Links will open a new window or tab, depending upon your settings.
- Energy efficiency improvements could be factored into mortgage underwriting
By Inman News, - Wednesday, June 12, 2013
"A bill aimed at encouraging home energy efficiency improvements by establishing underwriting guidelines for mortgage lenders that factor in cost savings for homeowners has been introduced ó again ó in the Senate... "
- Trulia: Buying will still beat renting as long as mortgage rates are single digits
By InmanNews, - Wednesday, June 13, 2013
"Mortgage rates are on the rise, but assuming buyers plan to live in their next home for at least seven years and they itemize their income tax deductions, itís still cheaper to buy than to rent, according to Trulia... "
- Monthly Increase in Inventory Eases Competition for Homes in May
By Esther Cho, DS News, - Monday, June 10, 2013
"Competition for homes eased in May due to a monthly increase in inventory, according to Redfinís latest bidding war report... "
- Fannie Mae: Confidence in Home Price Gains Reaches Record Levels
By Tory Barringer, DS News, - Monday, June 10, 2013
"Reports of strong home price gains drove confidence in the housing market up to record levels in May, Fannie Mae reported... "
- Rise in home prices sets seven-year record in March
By Thomson Reuters, NBC, - Tuesday, May 28, 2013
"U.S. single-family home prices rose in March, racking up their best annual gain in nearly seven years in a further sign that the strengthening housing recovery is providing a source of support for the economy, a closely watched survey showed on Tuesday... "
- Wells, Citi Halt Most Foreclosure Sales as OCC Ratchets Up Scrutiny
By Jeff Horwitz and Kate Berry, New York Times, - Friday, May 17, 2013
"Wells Fargo (WFC) and Citigroup (NYSE:C) have halted the vast majority of their foreclosure sales in multiple states following the release of new guidance by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency... "
- Down Payment Rules Are at Heart of Mortgage Debate
By PETER EAVIS, New York Times, - Wednesday April 24, 2013
"It seemed an easy fix to prevent the excesses of the housing market: make home buyers put more money down... "
- Appraisers See Some Improvement in Sales, Prices, and Their Own Business
By Jann Swanson, Mortgage News Daily, - Tuesday April 23, 2013
"YA new survey conducted by United States Appraisals found a majority of appraisers are at least somewhat bullish on the current housing market... "
- Homes Sales Begin To Slip As Buyer Demand Outpaces Supply
By Morgan Brennan, Forbes Business, - Monday April 22, 2013
"Inventory continues to be the story of the day when it comes to the housing market... "
- Covered by homeowners insurance? Don't be so sure
By Lisa Gibbs, CNN Money, - Friday April 12, 2013
"You've no doubt noticed that premiums have gotten pretty pricey. Rates have climbed 69% over the past decade to an average of $1,000 a year... "
- Selling your home? The cards are in your favor
By Beth Braverman, CNN Money, - Monday April 8, 2013
"Selling your home? In most parts of the country, you have finally regained the upper hand... "
- Housing is back! Best moves for homebuyers
By Beth Braverman, CNN Money, - Monday April 8, 2013
"Six years after prices collapsed, housing has begun to climb out of its hole. So what are the best moves to make now... "
- More Americans View this as Good Time to Sell a House
By Jann Swanson, Mortgage News Daily, - Monday April 8, 2013
"Americans' attitudes toward most key housing measures remained stable between February and March... "
- The home bidding wars are back!
By Les Christi, CNN Money, - Friday April 5, 2013
"The bidding wars are back. Seemingly overnight, many of the nation's major housing markets have gone from stagnant to sizzling, with for-sale listings drawing offers from a large number of house hunters... "
- 4 Real Estate Moves That Have Surprising Tax Implications
By Tara-Nicholle Nelson, Business Insider, - Tuesday 2, 2013
"It’s no surprise that owning a home automatically opts you into a new realm of tax advantages... "
- Incomes bounce back in February
By Ben Rooney, CNN Money, - Friday March 29, 2013
"After a sharp drop in January, personal incomes bounced back in February, according to government data released Friday... "
- Prices are up. Buyer demand is strong. Looks like an opportune time for sellers to jump back into the market
By Ken Harney, Forbes, - Friday March 29, 2013
"Could home owners who’ve been stuck on the sidelines for years – but who’d now really like to sell – finally be inching their way back into the gamet... "
- Housing market surge may wane in time
By Brena Swanson, Housingwire, - Thursday March 28, 2013
"The outlook for housing continues to remain positive, with economists predicting a sustainability that may last for years... "
- GenY is finally in a mood to buy (houses)
By Haya El Nasser, USA TODAY, - Thursday March 28, 2013
"Housing industry, brace yourself: The Millennials are moving in... "
- Despite improved market, not all sellers are smiling
By Dian Hymer, Inman News, - Monday March 18, 2013
"2012 was the best year for home sales since 2007. The inventory of homes for sale dropped, helping to stabilize the market... "
- Home prices finally returning to normal
By Les Christie, CNN Money, - Tuesday March 5, 2013
"After years of wild swings, the U.S. housing market is slowly returning to normal... "
- Pending Sales of U.S. Existing Homes Rise More Than Forecast
By Shobhana Chandra, Bloomberg, - Wednesday February 27, 2013
"Contracts to purchase previously owned U.S. homes climbed more than forecast in January, a sign the industry will keep strengthening this year... "
- Four easy ways to get a low mortgage rate
By Terence Loose, Yahoo Homes, - Thursday February 07, 2013
"Are you a new homebuyer wondering how to lock in one of those historically low interest rates... "
- A Nightmare on Elm Street' House Hits Market for $2.1 Million
By AOL Real Estate, - Monday February 04, 2013
"The home once featured in the 1984 cult slasher flick "A Nightmare on Elm Street" has just hit the market for $2.1 million... "
- The Year Everyone Was Wrong (Again) About Home Prices
By Nick Timiraos, Wall Street Journal, - Tuesday January 22, 2013
"The great thing about predictions is that, after some time has passed, it’s possible to see which ones were right, and which ones weren’t... "
- Housing recovery will surge short term, but hurdles remain
By Christina Mlynski, Housing Wire, - Monday January 21, 2013
"With existing home sales and property construction picking up over the past three years, all the positive momentum in housing is expected to continue, but headwinds still loom... "
- 6 Surprising Ways Housing Recovered in 2012
By BLAIRE BRIODY, The Fiscal Times, - Monday January 14, 2013
"While the sluggish U.S. economy crept upward in 2012, the housing market improved at a much faster rate than anyone expected... "
- Tips to Get a Mortgage With Little or No Money Down
By Kirk Haverkamp, AOL News, - Monday January 14, 2013
"With home prices and mortgage rates as low as they are, a lot of people are eyeing the opportunity to become first-time homebuyers... "
- How to Keep Your Mortgage Approval Approved
By Broderick Perkins, Realty Times, - Monday January 14, 2013
"You know how tough it is to qualify for a mortgage. Proof you've got a long-term job with ample income. A credit score to the moon... "
- 30% of U.S. Homeowners Are Mortgage-Free, Zillow Says
By Teke Wiggin, AOL Real Estate, - Thursday January 10, 2013
"Media coverage of the real estate market has focused so much on the mortgage woes of homeowners over the past five years, you might be excused for believing that only a small minority of homeowners actually, well, own their homes -- mortgage-free... "
- Housing inventory steadily declines in 2012
By Megan Hopkins, Housing Wire, - Wednesday January 9, 2013
"By December 2012, the number of homes on the market dropped 27% from the same month in 2011, according to Movoto Real Estate data... "
- Number of Improving Markets Spikes in January, Hits 242
By Tory Barringer, DSNews, - Tuesday January 8, 2013
"The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB)/ First American Improving Markets Index (IMI) continued its trend of marked monthly improvements in January, according to a release from the NAHB... "
- 6 tips for buying a fixer-upper
By Dian Hymer, Inman News, - Monday January 7, 2013
"Several years ago, when the housing market was mired in the worst recession since the Great Depression, buyers shied away from houses that needed work... "
- Rent To Own Homes: How to Profit from a Lease Purchase
By Brandon Turner, The Bigger Pockets Blog, - Sunday January 6, 2013
"In some parts of the country – homes are selling like hotcakes and multiple offers that are above the asking price are common... "
- U.S. Continues to Add Jobs at Slow Pace, Report Shows
By CATHERINE RAMPELL, The New York Times, - Friday January 4, 2013
"Despite their concerns about looming tax increases and government spending cuts, American employers added 155,000 jobs in December, about apace with job growth over the last year, the Labor Department reported on Friday... "
- Writing the ‘Hardship Letter’
By LISA PREVOST, The New York Times, - Thursday January 3, 2013
"HOMEOWNERS having trouble paying their mortgages may try to elicit sympathy from their lenders in long, emotional letters laden with woe... "
- Home mortgage applications grow in December: Capital Economics
By Housing Wire, - Wednesday January 2, 2013
"The number of mortgage applications filed in the U.S. edged up 3% from November to December, according to Mortgage Bankers Association data cited by Capital Economics... "
- Mortgage industry fares well in fiscal cliff deal, debt forgiveness law survives
By Kerri Ann Panchuk, Housing Wire, - Wednesday January 2, 2013
"The mortgage industry can breath a sigh of relief with the final fiscal cliff deal bringing back a popular tax break on mortgage insurance premiums and debt forgiveness for borrowers who go through a short-sale or some other type of debt reductions... "
|Like Us, Follow Us, Have Fun With Us!|